Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crafty Sunday

So I'm going to try to feature a new crafty project I've completed every Sunday. First up is a 5 minute project I worked on today. I've made some little travel tissue packs as part of the "thank you" bags for my baby shower in August. There are lots of other elements yet to be made, but those are surprises! Shall we begin?
WHAT YOU WILL NEED (as shown clockwise from top left): 1. a sewing machine, 2. an optional lazy assistant, 3. individual tissue packs, 4. fabric of your choice, 5. sewing utensils (scissors, pins, measuring tape.)

THE PROCESS:

Step 1. : Cut your fabric into a 63/4 x 57/8 rectangle.
Step 2. : Fold the short ends in to meet at the center of the rectangle and pin.
Step 3. : Sew both sides shut with a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
Step 4. : Turn right side out and trim. You can trim with scallop shears if you have them. Mine were much too dull... I doubt they even cut paper any more.
Step 5. : Repeat the process. I still have about 40 to go!
Step 6. : Enjoy!

From start to finish I would say it took me about 10 minutes per pouch, and cost was pretty minimal. The purple fabric was left over from previous projects and I ordered a jumbo box of the travel tissues from the pharmacy for about $4. Pretty simple, but pretty cute, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment